Saturday, August 9, 2014

In a bind-er?

I don't know about the rest of you, but my room tends to take on a life of its own about three weeks into the year. My desk-which actually never stays organized past the first week becomes mounded with anything and everything, junk mail, bazillions of sale catalogs, handouts, fliers, club lists, any art supply that suddenly turns up after summer and everything else the kids and I manage to toss on it. I don't usually sit at my desk anyways so it doesn't bother me, BUT not having the right paperwork or losing a schedule or any other important document does. So I started a binder system to keep it all organized years ago. One for basic school stuff, one for student records and one for my substitutes I have. It has become my favorite part of back to school, and I usually recycle old binders. BUT, this year.......  this year I did something different.  I bought  a NEW gorgeous salmon pink 2 inch binder and a turquoise one as well, both heavy duty and from Avery. Thankfully, I didn't have to sell a kidney on the black market to pay for them either. 


And for the last three or four year I have organized my binders by ordering digital organizers from Teachers Pay Teachers and printing them out. They were never quite perfect but they were editable. I searched found a set I loved, paid and downloaded and squealed with glee until I realized the beautiful gray and yellow color combination I have crushed on all summer wasn't going to match the coral and turquoise binders I fell in love with and also had purchased. So, I decided to make my own. Two days later, numerous hours on Photoshop, several Facebook posts that annoyed my friends and digital clip art from  Day of the Dead Skulls and cool backgrounds ...I have a fully customized set of Day of the Dead dividers in awesome colors in the divider sections I needed for my teacher binder. I so enjoyed it that I started a "my little monsters" set of dividers for my sub binder. How do you keep all of your paperwork organized?


  



    




 




No comments:

Post a Comment