Saturday, November 2, 2013

OAEA Conference 2013 Toledo Bound!




This year the Ohio Art Education Association is hosting their annual conference in Toledo, Ohio and the theme is "Reflecting the Standard".  Along with another fellow arts educator, Mary Haas from Eastern Elementary, we are presenting a 2 hour workshop on sculpture k-12 in the classroom. One of my finished example pieces is a frog since Toledo has a theme of frogs in many of their arts venues and around town. I am excited to present for so many different reasons. Mainly because it is always fun to share out what my kiddos can do and have done and because I LOVE sculpture in the art room!! Please enjoy a few of the in progress works below from my students! All of the works are made from a newspaper/cardboard armature and a plaster gauze and paperclay exterior. More images to come!








No comments:

Post a Comment