Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Donors Choose!! and we are choosing classroom cameras!!

A few months ago my friend used a donation site to help procure some technology for his classroom. He was able to receive enough donations to fund an Ipad to help accentuate and accelerate student learning. And then I received an email from a good friend and retired art teacher Peggy E. suggesting I look into a program called Donors Choose.  At this point I decided it was a sign and I should get busy looking into it! Donors choose allows donors to select teachers and programs they would like to donate towards.  What a fabulous way to support education and your favorite subject! So in my final prepping for the second semester classes I realized I really needed a few classroom cameras.

Last year we ran into some "hiccups" in the drawing and intro class projects. If students didn't have a camera to gather images in our composition studies and in our quest for non-internet inspired reference photos, they used their cell phones. AND if they didn't have a cell phone with a camera they borrowed their neighbors. It worked out but only because my students want to see everyone succeed and are willing to help out their peers. But students then had to text images to my email account and occasionally data and text charges were incurred by students. They also need the cameras to get ready for their digital portfolios and document their progress in the work process journals.! I decided to go ahead and give it a try and right now we are only $84 away from the goal! AND Currently there is a matching organization willing to donate dollar for dollar until Saturday (but only if you use the code INSPIRE in the code box) So really, we only need $42 dollars in donations!! I am so excited for my students!!!

If you want to check it out and see what Donors Choose could help you with or even  to donate to my cause, then please follow the link below!

What a fabulous way to support education and your favorite subject!

Have a fabulous week and thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Carmone,

    The community you have built on your blog is so lovely. I wanted to reach out because I am the community manager for the USC Rossier School of Education. We are wrapping up a blogger link up contest about classroom supplies that ends this Monday. I see that you are raising funds for your classroom and I was wondering if you would be interested in submitting your post into our contest. We are looking for classrooms that have a genuine need for additional supplies, and I feel that your classroom would be a perfect fit for this contest.The reality is that the average teacher spends $485 out of pocket for classroom supplies each year. The #ClassroomProject gives a voice to educators who are spending money out of pocket. This is an exciting contest for K-12 teacher bloggers to win one of 30 prizes that total more than $3,000 to purchase classroom supplies You can click here for more information: http://rossieronline.usc.edu/the-classroom-project-classroom-supplies-for-teachers-contest/ or feel free to reach out to me directly at erika.phyall@usc.edu. Thank you so much for sharing about your classroom with us, and I hope you join The Classroom Project!

    Sincerely,

    Erika Phyall
    USC Campaign Manager
    erika.phyall@usc.edu

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carmone,

    Thank you for writing this post, and for using DonorsChoose.org to get digital cameras for your students.

    Congrats on getting your project fully funded! Have a wonderful second semester :)

    All the best,
    Margie, DonorsChoose.org Marketing Team

    ReplyDelete
  3. Margie,
    Thank YOU, Donor'sChoose.org and our donors so very much!!!! My student's and I are so excited and appreciative!! I can't wait to share their success with them!! It truly will be a blessing in our classroom!!

    Ever appreciative,

    Carmone

    ReplyDelete